About Working Knowledge
Our mission is to connect ambitious businesses with young, local talent that with our training and support go on to thrive in their careers.
To a business we are a training company, recruitment agency and CSR partner rolled in to one.
To education we are a partner, consultant trainer, and introducer to business volunteers.
To young people we are a guide, trainer, trusted partner, and mentor as they kick-start or re-start their careers.
Benefits for Young People
At Working Knowledge we go above and beyond to support young people to launch successful careers with ambitious businesses.
By joining a Working Knowledge Academy you will work for a fast-growth company in a role that based on your experience and qualifications alone you would not be given the chance.
So what are the benefits to you?
- Work for a high-growth business at a good starting salary
- Clear progression pathways with salary increases
- Four to ten weeks of fully-paid, upfront training from industry experts
- Ongoing training and support
- Support to achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- Performance-based salary increases and promotions
- Opportunities to meet with senior managers
- Zero-cost to you
Take a look at what young people have to say:
I found the boot camp training up front really helped me change the way I approach work and gave me the kick (and the skills and knowledge) to take control of my own career. As a result I have recently been promoted (my second pay rise in my first year) which has increased my salary by 30%.
I was really fed up in my old job, working long anti-social hours with little chance of progression. Working Knowledge has really opened my eyes to what a good employer is like and I am so excited about how my career is progressing - Harriet
Learn more about our opportunities for young people.
Benefits for Educators
We now have 15 years experience of supporting educators to establish links between curriculum delivery and employers. Educators as a result have seen the following benefits:
- The learner experience is more closely aligned to the workplace
- Employer perception of the value of local young people is improved
- Business volunteers that meet your students tend to become employer champions for work experience and apprenticeships.
- Following a volunteering experience, colleges have recruited business volunteers as supervisors, assessors, teachers and lecturers with industry experience either full or part time.
- We engage business volunteers for you and/or train you how to do it.
- Using 15 years of experience, our management and teacher training results in genuine and rapid culture change.
Feedback from Educators
Take a look at what our educators have to say.
Weston College has partnered with Working Knowledge for a decade in which time they have delivered real results with managers, learners and local businesses that in turn have contributed to our success as an outstanding educational provider
Learn more about our educator opportunities.
Benefits for Business
Our bespoke training, recruitment and support programmes are designed to retain and progress young people in your business.
We are expert at mapping our programmes to the Apprenticeship Levy funding making our services cost neutral for the right business
- Access to a more diverse pool of young talent
- Better retention of new hires
- Productivity of new hires is improved faster.
- Training focuses on knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Experts in sales, business development and customer service roles/careers
- On-going support for employees and managers
- Cost neutral
This experience has been inspiring. It has really showcased to me the amazing talent available in local colleges, which I would have never considered before. It is clear to me now that we need to adapt our recruitment model to take advantage of the talented college graduates.
Working Knowledge offered us an innovative solution that has opened our eyes to how Apprenticeship Levy can be utilised to deliver genuine results in training and recruitment.